Medicare Supplement insurance is also called “Medigap.” It’s a plan you can add to Original Medicare to pay for things that Parts A and B don’t cover. You’ll want to be enrolled in Original Medicare before you add a Medicare Supplement plan.
Medicare Supplement insurance plans help with Medicare costs like your coinsurance, copays, or the Part B deductible. As a Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Georgia member, you’ll have also access to our popular fitness program, SilverSneakers®.Shop Plans
Is Medicare Supplement insurance (Medigap) right for you?
- You’re enrolled in Original Medicare (Parts A and B) and you live in Georgia.
- You want peace of mind knowing you’ll have help with many of the costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover.
- You’d like the flexibility to see any doctor who accepts Medicare, not just the doctors in a network, and without referral.
- You plan to travel in the United States and want to be able to see any doctor who accepts Medicare.
- You see a doctor who charges more than the Medicare-approved amount for care.
- You’d like to buy separate dental and vision insurance once you’re enrolled.
- You’re not enrolled in Original Medicare (Parts A and B).
- You have coverage from an employer that pays all or some of the costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover.
- You have coverage through your union that pays all or some of the costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover.
- You’re going to sign up for a Georgia Medicare Advantage plan (Part C).
Add prescription drug coverage
When you sign up for Medicare and choose a Medicare Supplement plan to help cover your costs, you’ll want to add a separate Part D plan at the same time. Part D is Medicare’s Prescription Drug Coverage. Like Medicare Supplement, you can get Part D directly from us. We offer several prescription drug plans to meet everyone’s needs. So add one to your shopping cart or take a closer look at Medicare Part D in Georgia >
Need dental and vision insurance?
If you choose Medicare Supplement insurance, you can buy dental and vision or dental-only insurance to complement your coverage. Stay healthy with Georgia Extras: pick from dental and vision packages like Standard, Premium, Premium Plus, or Dental-Only Premium Plus.