Helping members impacted by winter storm Nemo
We are taking immediate steps to make it easier for our members who are impacted by the winter storm to get access to medical care and prescription drugs.
These revisions apply to affected members living in Connecticut, New Hampshire, New York, Maine, Massachusetts and Rhode Island who are affected by the storm and who are covered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia.
The revisions became effective on February 8, 2013 and are effective until:
- New York – February 13, 2013
- Maine – February 15, 2013
- Rhode Island – February, 15, 2013
- Massachusetts – February 15, 2013
- New Hampshire – February 15, 2013
- Connecticut – Until further notice
During these dates, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia is:
- Allowing the affected members to see any physician necessary to provide access to care.
- Paying all claims as in-network, regardless of whether or not the health care provider is in network.
- Suspending early refill limits.
- Suspending utilization management (UM) review of in-hospital cases.
- Allowing replacement of medical equipment or supplies.
- Extending filing deadlines for claims.
- Extending the time period for notification of hospital admissions.
Members affected by the winter storm should seek medical assistance wherever it is available and have their medications refilled at any pharmacy or shipped to them.
In addition all providers caring for affected members will be considered "in-network" providers.
For additional questions, members should call the Member Services phone number on their ID card.
We hope you and your loved ones continue to stay safe.